Friday, April 29, 2011

Prairie Pool

# 1 - Prairie Pool
(30 paintings in 30 days project)
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011 
sold

A babysitter came this afternoon so I could get to the studio to paint. It felt good. I've been missing it. I am using "Field of Blues" as a study for a 30 x 30" canvas. I worked on it for quite a while then sat down and did this small painting with the same palette. I am stepping into the deep end and starting a small project... 30 paintings in 30 days! Okay, maybe it's not so much the deep end as the deepest part of the shallow end!!! I already have no idea how I will find time to paint tomorrow! I have always been intrigued by the "Daily Painting Movement" (started by Duane Keiser in 2004) and although I have no plan to continue beyond the next thirty days, I want to see what happens. This is going to be a real test and challenge. I'm definitely going to be scaring myself a bit each day! This project will wrap up at the end of May at which point I have committed to be one of ten artists in the first annual Friends of the Forestry Farm House Art Show and Sale. I will take my "daily paintings" to this venue along with some larger pieces and hopefully sell a few.

As an aside, one of my all time favorite Daily Painters, Edward B. Gordon (who started his project in 2006), just completed painting #1607! Doesn't make 30 look very ambitious does it?

3 comments:

Judy Wood said...

Glad to see that you are going to be part of the Forestry Farm House show. See you there!!

Nicki said...

Hi Judy,

I'm excited! I hope it will be a beautiful day with lots of traffic coming over from the zoo. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Nicki

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

When you make the decision you get on a roll, and then the paintings fly out of you, as it seems they are doing -- just beautifully as always.

Good for you. Of course you can do it.

XO Barbara