Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thicket

#29- Thicket
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
(30 paintings in 30 days- Project II)
 sold

Since I am so close to the end of my project I kept changing my mind on what I wanted to paint, but I finally settled on a grasslands painting. Many people that came to the Family Tree show really loved the big prairie landscape that was hung over the fireplace and want to know when I have similar work done. I think this will be a study for a larger piece- it is quite possibly my favorite little (6x6") prairie scene to date.

I already know what I will be doing for painting #30... and it will be called "Northern Curtain Call". It's something I have been wanting to try for a long time. I'm slightly concerned because it could be better suited in a rectangular format rather than a square- we will find out tomorrow!


No comments: