Friday, January 31, 2014

Bargue #2- Complete!

Bargue Drawing #2
graphite on Stonehenge paper
© Nicki Ault, 2014

It was a long road and that was a heck of a time-consuming beard, but I got there. My second Bargue drawing is finished! It was a love/hate relationship, but in the end love prevailed. A huge shout-out to the most patient and inspiring instructor I have had in awhile, Craig Berry at Atelier 2302 in Saskatoon. Next week I move on to a new challenge and start Bargue #3.

* If anyone has tips on how to get good photographs of drawings, please share them in the comments below. Thanks!

2 comments:

cohen labelle said...

This is fantastic, Nicki! A beautiful drawing and it teaches you patience.

Nicki said...

Hi Marcia,

Yes, it definitely teaches patience and it is fantastic training for the eye. I feel like I can "see" better. I love your drawings, especially the ones that incorporate pastel.

Nicki