Friday, May 13, 2016

Show at the University Club

© Nicki Ault, 2016

First, let me thank everyone who came by our Mother's Day Tea at the studio on Sunday. It was fun! When it was over I went home and enjoyed an evening with my boys: barbecued steak for supper, pretty flowers, chocolates, hugs and even a little foot rub from my youngest.

Monday morning came and something hit me pretty hard. I felt rather incapacitated, but luckily it let up for the afternoon because I had to get my show hung at the University Club, which I did. I used almost all the paintings I brought and I think it looked quite good when all was said and done. The lighting is a little dark in some areas, so I am not sure how some of the work will look in the evenings.

© Nicki Ault, 2016

© Nicki Ault, 2016

By suppertime I was riddled with aches and pains, complete exhaustion and a headache. I have been down for the count for the last three days, but today I feel more like myself. It has been a long time since I was ill. Lots of sleep was the answer.

© Nicki Ault, 2016

There are easily twenty paintings on display and for sale at the University Club. It is a lovely place to go for a meal, but if you just want to stop in a look at the work the best time to do that is between 2:00 and 3:00 in the afternoon when the restaurant is quiet.

© Nicki Ault, 2016

 © Nicki Ault, 2016

The University Club (formerly known as the Faculty Club) is the first building on the left-hand side when you turn to go to the Administration Building on campus.

© Nicki Ault, 2016

I'd love to hear from you if you get a chance to see the show- it will be up until the end of August.

2 comments:

CallingForth said...

Looks wonderful! Great paintings.

Nicki said...

Thank you Laurel!