Saturday, May 7, 2016

Turquoise Sky Over Canola

Turquoise Sky Over Canola
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2016

I have neglected my little 6x6's as I prepare large pieces for the University Club show that I will hang next week. It felt good to get a couple done on Thursday and I hope to get outside in the next month to do some plein air work on my little boards. I have plans to go out to Bridget's (my studio mate's) acreage to paint next week, however I am a smidge freaked out by the ticks. Deep breath.

In preparation for the Mother's Day show at the studio I made a pile of shadowboxes thinking I might make a grid of little work in the space I share with Bridget. Well, we hung our work yesterday and my grid didn't materialize- there were too many large paintings to get up off the floor and on the wall. Our space looks really good! I will get pictures today to share with you. My favourite element is actually one wall where we have a huge (48x48) cow of Bridget's centered over our work table.  So fun! Please come if you can... details in the previous post or at the top of this page.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this,

I am so dazzled by your work!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thank you sweet Barbara!