Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hi!

Hydrangea Arrangement
19 x 13.5"
acrylic, oil and oil pastel on terra skin paper
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold

Well hello!!!

I have been sick. Seven days in an altered state. Not fun. Not pretty. As far back as I can remember when I get a head cold things become real bleak. My sinuses are hijacked and my eyes water uncontrollably while my head pulses to a less than enjoyable beat. NyQuil and Dristan are my best friends during these times and the best attempt I can make at bathing is a cold cloth on my eyes. Everything else is put on the back-burner. 

Now that I have come out of the other side of that virus-laden hell I am SO ready to paint it isn't even funny! I just have to find time because now the kids are out of school and getting to the studio is not easy.

Hydrangea and Lemon
21.5 x 15.75"
acrylic, oil and oil pastel on water colour paper
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold

In the meantime, here are the still-available paintings I had in a show at Hues Art Supply a year ago with Bridget Aitken and Jackie Miller. They are a series of floral still lifes which were a great time of experimentation for me. Right now they are available at Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery.

White Bucket Bouquet
24 x 18"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2015
available

I look forward to having some new work to show you soon. Thanks for your patience!

No comments: