Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Setting Star - Silent Auction

Setting Star
12 x 12
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

This week I have donated these two paintings to a silent auction at my son's high school. They will be part of the Arts Night fundraiser he and his classmates are putting on in preparation for their big trip next month... to New York City! Yes, you heard me right. Long story, but in Grade Eight he applied and was accepted into a great Grade Nine program at a high school in our city. It has been a year of growth and discovery for him. His world has branched out and will open up even more to him after this trip. I am enormously proud of him. He is a caring, smart, funny, respectful, honest and loving person. I will be a wreck for the six days he is away, but honestly, I just know that when he sees more of what the world has to offer him he will be even more motivated than ever.

I just painted "Setting Star" specifically for this auction and "Riffle On The River, Waskesiu" was a painting I had on hand that I hope will resonate with the crowd. It is mounted in a white shadow box.

Riffle On The River, Waskesiu
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

Questions about the auction? Just ask. (It is on Thursday evening).

2 comments:

Sandra Busby said...

Wow! That is awesome news! You must be so proud... but I empathise because I would be a wreck too! Anyway, the paintings are beautiful... especially the river scene. Stunning!!

Nicki said...

Hi Sandra, I am very excited for him. It will be a trip of a life-time. I am planning to keep myself very busy while he is away! :)