Sunday, March 5, 2017

Spring Cleaning SALE! Yes, I Said SALE!

Rocks, Georgian Bay
30" x 30"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013
regular $900.00
SALE $450.00
sold

I am extremely excited to announce that our lease has been renewed and I will be painting at the Studio On 20th for the next 3 years! Woo hoooooooo!

On that note, space is ever an issue. Three years ago when we moved out of St. George Studio and into Studio On 20th I purged like crazy! I brought home all of my art books and my inspiration bulletin boards and I threw out awful, horrible, really bad pieces of art that were the worst ever of my efforts. I actually sliced canvases with blades of steel! I was quite ruthless and I needed to be because no longer would I have my own space, but I would be sharing with my good friend, Bridget Aitken. The hoarder tendency in me had to be squelched. 

Now I find myself in a situation where I have paintings on hand that I still really love, but they have already been in shows, both outside of the studio and in. They won't be put in any future exhibits of my work, but they have a special place in my heart and will never meet the ruthless blade of an exacto knife nor will they ever be painted over. (I do have a stack of canvases that I plan to re-work... AKA "paint over"). So what to do when I don't have a place to store them?

I have NEVER done this before. EVER. And I may never do this again! 

It's a huge sale!

Seven paintings only!

I need to make room for all of the paintings that have yet to be created. I am so pumped for what is to come, but I still love some of what was... so as a celebration of sorts I am offering a handful of paintings lovingly held in my "vault" for crazy... and I mean crazy... prices! I hope you connect with something. Please let me know via email if there is anything you want!  First come, first served!   nicki.ault@shaw.ca

The Birch
48" x 30"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold


Little Sumac On Georgian Bay
30" x 30"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013
regular $900.00
SALE $450.00

Cattails
20" x 24"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2016
regular $595.00
SALE $298.00
sold

Fire In The Belly III
48" x 30"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2016
regular $1440.00
SALE $720.00
sold

 The Shallows, Georgian Bay
30" x 30"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013
regular $900.00
SALE $ 450.00

 Patchwork Pasture
18" x 24"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013
regular $555.00
SALE $278.00

Crazy prices on seven paintings... which one do you want? Let's talk!

P.S. And might I mention that if you live in the United States these prices are particularly sweeeeeet!

2 comments:

Sandra Busby said...

Wow, what a feast for the eyes!!! That's a stunning collection you have there! I have in the past been just a ruthless, using a stanley blade or even my foot to destroy old pieces of work... I have learned by experience that they will only come back and bite you on the bum otherwise! Actually it's quite a liberating feeling and it's a great way of realising our own growth :0)

Nicki said...

I have a pile of garbage canvases to destroy. They have bad energy! LOL! It is liberating and cathartic to hack into them! But then I have some that I think I can rework and make better, and then I have some I love but have no place to store. Hence the sale!