Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Not Flowers I

Not Flowers I
36 x 24"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2014
available?

As you know from previous posts, I was invited to be in a quick two day show last weekend with nine other artists. The idea, I was told, was to exhibit work that was experimental and perhaps outside of what you normally do; to push your personal boundaries and step out of your comfort zone. I had this piece on hand that I painted for my bathroom after we renovated. I said I would use it if nothing else because it certainly fit the criteria. I ended up getting sick a week before the show, so I didn't finish all of the brand new pieces I hoped to create, so I did end up using this one. 

I had three pieces to submit, all paintings which were out of my comfort zone to paint, but I have to say, putting them on a wall in a public show really pushed my comfort zone! It was a great experience though and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Huge thanks to Mike Remando for asking me to take part.

No comments: