Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Paintings In My Head!

Waskesiu Sunset
photo © Nicki Ault, 2017

I am at the lake with my kids. We drove up on Monday- it took longer than usual because I kept stopping to take photos of the canola fields along the way. The remainder of the day was spent unpacking and settling in, cleaning and organizing. Then yesterday was rainy, on and off all day, so each time I thought I would get outside to paint, I was foiled. And then there was a two hour glitch trying to get the Shaw Direct service to the TV. I, myself, could go without TV indefinitely, but string a few rainy days together with two teenagers in a small cabin and you will want entertainment. Any entertainment. Even Sponge Bob.

So, no paintings yet, but as I wrapped up the day, the rain stopped and the sun began to break through. As the clouds burned off, this gift arrived promising new, inspired paintings on my horizon.

P.S. I posted a video of a 180 degree view of this sunset on Instagram last night. Click the camera icon on the top right of this page to go over there to see it.

No comments: