Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Autumn and the Riffle

Autumn and the Riffle
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold at Darrell Bell Gallery

I have never done a fall scene of the Waskesiu River... until now! I actually can't quite believe that, but it's true and I am attempting to remedy this oversight by working from some great photos I took the weekend I stayed in the yurt. I also recently painted a 6x6 (sold at Open Studio) and I have plans to paint a 20x20 as well. I may even go larger, who knows!

This is kind of an odd view... no I wasn't standing in the middle of the river to take the resource photo for this painting, there is actually a walking bridge that goes over the river at this point. I love how calm the river was on this day; flowing away from the lake into the forest, and then when it hits the riffle, the little rapids disturb the reflection.

No comments: