Monday, November 13, 2017

Striped Sky, Sulphide Lake - Monday Makeoever

Striped Sky, Sulphide Lake
(after)
16 x 16"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

I continue to be somewhat fascinated as I do these "painting makeovers". What I have noticed with the few that I have been re-making recently is that the originals seem under-developed to me now. It is like I stopped before they were really done. And this one was only a year old. Have I grown that much in a year? Or did I go through a lazy phase? It's a curious thing.

Striped Sky, Sulphide Lake
(before)
16 x 16"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2016


2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

I don't believe in lazy -- I think it's a four letter word -- especially applied to you.
We are actually physically all new, all the time. So of course we see differently. I think it's a brave thing to go back at it. Plus I always love the original and the renewed versions of your work.

Beautiful.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara... lazy is a four letter word, true! The first version was good, but the remake is better.