Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Strange and Beautiful

Strange and Beautiful
10 x 10"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold at Assiniboia Gallery

This is one of the eight new 10 x 10" that is now available at Assiniboia Gallery in Regina - just picked up by the owners on Friday. They have been such a treat to work with; I am so excited about this new relationship!

I love this little painting... I find the cloud formation to be strange and beautiful. The sun is creating a powerful impact as it begins its slow decent toward the horizon, making parts of the cloud glow and come alive while other parts become dark and flat. Just a few waves are catching the light, but soon the whole surface of the lake will shimmer with the sun setting. I like drama in my art, not in my life.

No comments: