Thursday, January 25, 2018

Morning on the Grids

Morning on the Grids
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold at Darrell Bell Gallery

I am so grateful that I was asked to paint the big road commish last year because it has spurred on my new outlook which is: I can paint anything!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I can paint anything well, I'm just saying that it wouldn't hurt me to branch out a little. I used to snub my nose at landscapes containing man-made elements; I wanted to paint my province au naturel. I see now that I might be missing out on some interesting subjects, so this year I am removing all self-inflicted restrictions and I intend to look at my surroundings in a new way. You never know, I may even paint a fence or a canoe!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this! I've just been looking at photos of roads and clouds in Nova Scotia, and
thinking -- Huh -- that could be cool. Then you up and do a gorgeous road painting. The thin about it is it makes you want to go, to get on that road and move through that beautiful scenery.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Yes! I feel the need for a road trip soon. I have a new-found love for roads and I want to paint them. I hope you do some of the Nova Scotia roads soon.

XOXO Nicki