Thursday, April 12, 2018

Spring Showers

Spring Showers
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
available at Darrell Bell Gallery

OH MY GOSH!

Seriously... it turns out the title I gave this painting is misleading... at least this year. It should actually have a horizon that is stark white and it should be called "Spring Flurries"! What is happening? It is so cold; the snow keeps coming and the temps keep dropping! I am all for experiencing four seasons, that is part of why I love Saskatchewan, but things have gone too far! Usually the saying is "April showers bring May flowers", but this year the saying in Saskatchewan is "April showers bring snowplowers"! (sorry, I don't know to whom I should credit that nugget). 

I am over winter.

I love this painting and I can hardly wait for no snow and a cool, gentle, rainy night where I can go to sleep with the windows open and listen to the patter as I fall asleep.

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

It was warm today, but it won't last. Last year it rained all summer. So weather has become unpredictable.

Love the painting.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Unknown said...

Great blog, love the size of your landscape paintings. Are they for sale online?

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara, yes, the weather is changing and becoming harder to predict.

I'm glad you like this painting.

Nicki XO

Nicki said...

Hi Rodger,

I am glad you found my blog! If you look at the right-hand side of my blog there is a Daily Paintworks link that will take you to an online gallery, mostly of smaller work. Also you can look at the "available work" albums on my Facebook art page, link also on the right-hand side of my blog. For pricing on those pieces just contact me.

Thanks,
Nicki