Monday, April 2, 2018

Winter on Meewasin - Makeover Monday!

Winter on Meewasin
(after)
8 x 8" 
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
sold at Darrell Bell Gallery

I still love this painting. It is among the first that I ever delivered to Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery when they opened just before Christmas in 2012. It remained after the store closed and the street level gallery opened. I had painted another version which sold ages ago, but this one has been a bit of a fixture and was beginning to look bedraggled (see below). I decided to give it new life with a minor makeover and it will be back in the gallery on Wednesday.

I especially love the colours of this piece. I love the foggy mood and the shapes of snow on the scruffy embankment. It is true that winter scenes are a bit of a tough sell, but they can be so exciting, it is difficult to not want to paint them. The Meewasin Trail that spans both sides of the river in Saskatoon is a real urban treasure and it is beautiful no matter the time of year. 

Winter on Meewasin
(before)
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012


No comments: